Gaining Hero Points
Hero Points will be handed out at the end of a roleplaying session. The DM will indicate how many points you can give out for that session. Award points to other players based on exceptional role-playing. When you award point(s) to a player, you will briefly explain why you are awarding the point(s).
Hero Points will be redeemed before a session begins, and they cannot be redeemed mid-session. Players may hold onto rewards that they have purchased, with the exception of rewards that specifically say otherwise. Points cannot be shared amongst players after they have been awarded. When used, a description is required to explain the heroic effort.
- 1 point – Lucky Stars. Choose to use this point at the beginning of the game day. Your character will experience “good luck” for the duration of the game day. This may result in successful rolls that would have narrowly missed, stumbling upon extra gold, etc. Up to the DM.
- 1 point – Free successful monster knowledge check, difficult. This is a free action, but cannot be used on a monster for which you have attempted a knowledge roll already.
- 2 points – Gain 5 bonus points that may be added to die rolls. You may add all 5 to one roll or split the points up. These must be used by the end of the game day.
- 2 points – +5 to one roll. Cannot be split across rolls, but can be saved for a rainy day.
- 3 points – Free re-roll.
- 3 points – Free wondrous magic item, level 1-2, non-combat. Must be approved by DM.
- 4 points – Free success on a save. This must be used instead of attempting a roll.
- 4 points – Gain hit points equal to your healing surge value, but do not spend a surge. This is a free action, and can be used out of turn as an interrupt. However, this cannot be used if you are unconscious.
- 5 points – Free action point. This action point cannot be used in the same encounter as one of your regular action points. This action point will trigger any bonuses you would normally reap from using an action point, but does not count as having an unspent action point.
- 5 points – Free successful skill check during combat, or two free successful skill checks outside of combat.